Tuesday 23 September 2008

The New York City Waterfalls Exhibition



I came across the New York City Waterfalls exhibitions when I saw a video of one of the huge man made waterfalls on youtube. I initially thought it was a video of a water main running under the Brooklyn Bridge that had bust, but when I looked into it further I found out that it was in fact a man made waterfall. The waterfall (which you can see in the above video clip) is one of four currently ‘flowing’ around New York as part of a public exhibition designed by Danish artist Olafur Eliasson (the man behind the ‘Sun’ exhibition in London’s Tate Modern a couple of years ago). The resulting effect is very impressive and slightly bizarre, it looks like an actual Amazonian waterfall right in the heart of New York – or like some thing from a Hollywood disaster movie.

The waterfalls will ‘flow’ in New York until 13th October 2008 when the exhibition finishes.

No comments: